Thursday, May 23, 2013

My HOBY Story....by Karen Honiball 2013 Volunteer LSC

My HOBY Story...

I am not a HOBY alum, but I got involved as soon as I could :)  My husband is a 1984 Massachusetts alum and when we moved to Texas over 7 years ago, he became active in HOBY again.  I decided a couple of years ago to "come along for the ride".  From that moment on, I was hooked and have never looked back.  I started as a Senior Facilitator in 2010 and had the most outstanding team!  My first seminar was amazing, energizing and inspiring.  These young leaders impressed me so much that I wanted to become even more involved with HOBY.  My husband was right!  Darn!

The past 3 years I have been part of the seminar planning committee and this year became the 2013 Leadership Seminar Chair.  I am both honored and humbled to have the privilege of leading the charge in planning this years' seminar.  With a great deal of help, the 2013 "Riding Roughly West" seminar will be EPIC.  We will host over 200 bright, talented, determined young minds at our new site on the campus of the University of Texas at Arlington from June 6th-9th.  I am looking forward to meeting our new ambassadors and reconnecting with our volunteers.  There is still much work to do, so I will leave with you with this..."Change your thoughts and you can change the world"(Norman Vincent Peale).  Until me meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment